– Claudius is the King of Denmark, elected to the throne after the death of his brother, King Hamlet. Claudius has married Gertrude, his brother’s widow.
– Gertrude is the Queen of Denmark, and King Hamlet’s widow, now married to Claudius, and mother to Hamlet.
– Polonius (“Corambis” in “Q1”) is Claudius’s chief counsellor, and the father of Ophelia and Laertes.
– Laertes is the son of Polonius, and has returned to Elsinore from Paris.
– Ophelia is the daughter of Polonius, and Laertes’s sister, who lives with her father at Elsinore. She is in love with Hamlet.
– Horatio is a good friend of Hamlet, from the university at Wittenberg, who came to Elsinore Castle to attend King Hamlet’s funeral.
– Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are childhood friends and schoolmates of Hamlet, who were summoned to Elsinore by Claudius and Gertrude.
– Fortinbras Norwegian crown prince, who assumes the throne of Denmark after Hamlet’s death.
Academic year 2012/2013
© a.r.e.a./Dr.Vicente Forés López
© Aitor Bori Ibáñez